Monday, February 23, 2009

WE PASSED OUR FINAL INSPECTION & ARE MOVING IN!

Today the county building inspector arrived, passed us, and gave us a letter of occupancy (meaning we can start moving in)! On a funny note: When I arrived at the house to meet with the building inspector, Mr. "B," our alarm had been set off and was making tons of racket! I saw the building inspector's truck, went inside, shut off the alarm, then found Mr. B and someone else on our prow deck. The alarm company called to ask if they should send the police and I said no. They stated that the alarm had come from our crawl space area, but when I asked Mr. B if he had tried to check that out he denied it. (I suspect he did try to take a look and was embarrassed, but who knows? It may have just been my guardian angel welcoming me to our new home! )

YES, YES, YES! There will be champagne flowing tonight! We will start to move all of our stuff a bit at a time and will be all moved in by this Saturday night! Now we get to deal with "perming up" our mortgage, hopefully at a nice, LOW interest rate!

If any of you are interested in one final round of pictures, click on the link at the top right of this page under Pre-Construction and Post Construction Photos that says Pica Web Albums, then click on Post Construction Photos. I doubt if I will take any more pictures for a while - Ya'all come see us, ya hear?

Pat

No comments: