Saturday, January 31, 2009

PHASE 5: Week 35 - Rejected, Delayed and Dinged!

Week of January 25th - This has been such a frustrating week: 1) Our electricians put a "ding" in our brand new refrigerator, hitting the island when they were moving it forward to check a connection; 2) Our electrical inspection was delayed a couple of days then we were rejected! We did find out that it is a very minor issue having to do with the location and number of light bulbs in our guest and office closets that will be fixed easily next week; 3) Our HVAC guy finally showed up, but our bill increased by over $800 because of complications regarding the blower connection for our cook top downdraft. Our HVACV guy had never done one exactly like ours and had to have a $350 part made for it, then had to drill through concrete fill in our foundation to route it to the outside of the house. He also hooked up our fireplace vent, venting it through the foundation. Our electrician had originally agreed to do all of this (and we thought it was included in his bid), then said it was more of an HVAC function; 4) Our plumbers accidentally shook loose some of the new tile work around our master bathroom tub when they were installing the faucets (which they should have installed before the tile work was done), so that will have to be fixed next week; 5) We forgot to order some flexible tubing that is needed for the master bath faucets, so have to buy those over the weekend. MY HUSBAND IS VERY FRUSTRATED. HE KEEPS SAYING HE WANTS EVERYBODY TO GET DONE AND GET OUT BEFORE THEY DO ANY MORE DAMANGE! It makes me think of that awful TV ad slogan: "This is my money and I want it now!" We could change it to "This is my house and I want it now!"

On the bright side (S), we are buying some new furniture, always a fun thing! I finally found a vanity chair for my master bath as well as two counter stools for the island. Today I am taking my husband to Murfreesboro to show him the furniture my mother and I picked out two weeks ago so he can pay for it (ha). Seriously, I think he will like it, but we'll see. We picked out a leather couch, matching recliner, a coordinating upholstered chair, and dining room chairs, all at better prices than I have seen anywhere else (Ashley Furniture). Tomorrow morning will find us sowing 750 pounds and over $400 worth of fertilizer that finally came in. I had to make a 3 hour round trip drive yesterday to pick it up in Cleveland, TN! By for now! Enjoy the Superbowl!

No comments: